National Church Group Insurance Agency is an insurance agency that specializes in commercial property and casualty insurance for churches, non-profits, camps, and schools. Founded in 1984, NCG Insurance has a national online presence, with physical offices in Leesburg and Winchester, Virginia. Presently, NCG is seeking an Accounting Associate to be a part of our Accounting team in our Leesburg office. This full-time position comes with career advancement opportunities and an excellent benefits package.
The Accounting Associate will be an integral member of the Accounting team and will report directly to the Accounting Manager and the VP of Financial Operations. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated team player with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The Accounting Associate is responsible for managing the daily payable and receivables, bank accounts, and various tasks to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities with primary responsibility for internal control processes and report preparations. The Accounting Associate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work closely with all levels of management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the financial structure for multiple entities and departments for reporting to management the financial operations of each.
- Ensure accurate and timely weekly and monthly reporting.
- Accountable for the quality of revenue reporting by the organization and timely handling of billing issues for tasks assigned.
- Manage the daily banking relationships.
- Support the budget and forecasting data entry as needed.
- Manage the Company maintenance in the system to include 1099s and W-9s.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy and timeliness.
- Responds to inquiries from supervisors regarding results, details and special requests.
- Work with VP of Financial Operations to provide support for the compensation duties associated with payroll.
- Handle customer inquiries with support from the VP of Financial Operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Accounting, or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and possess a professional demeanor.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org